Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It's a little early but it's for Fathers Day!!!

Hi all,
I did this card for the weekly challenge at Cardmakers, hosted by Angelina. We were to use a fish or water animal theme. I racked my brain and remembered the stamps of fishing I bought a few years ago from SU. I thought.. "oh ya" this is fish themed!!! I stamped the image with stazon brown ink and water coloured it with reinkers from SU. I cut the fish and the fly out and placed it to look like the fish was taking the hook... I distressed it to look old so I found the sentiment to be fitting too!!! Heheheheh!!! I liked how it turned out and I hope my hubby will too...

Thanks for stopping by,
Hugs xx
Challenges:
Cardmakers - anything with a fish or water animal.
Simple Doodles - anything you want that's old looking.
Crafty Creations - make your own background paper.

5 comments:

  1. The Old Man will just love this card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card Jane....isn't it great to get ahead of the game instead of always late!! lol Your background is perfect for this image!Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations this week! bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOWZER Jane this is one of the best cards I have seen for a man that image and your design is just perfect this is great work.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The folder you used is just perfect for this card... I love everything about it!!! Thanks for joining us at CCC this week! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome male card!!! thanks for playing on SD :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all the sweet comments. I really appreciate them.