Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sunny Days "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"

Welcome to the Sunny Days "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" Blog Hop.  I am so glad you stopped by.  If you arrived from Golda's blog wasn't her cards great? If you did then your on the right path if not hop on over to the Lora's blog which is the beginning of the hop so you won't miss any of the fabulous creations all the ladies have done.
The theme of the blog hop is "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". Each blog hostess has been assigned a color. At the end of the rainbow is a link to your pot of gold! Be sure to click the link so you can join us in the Card Swaps forum for challenges, games, fun, and prizes!! It's sure to be a lot of fun.
I was assigned the color orange I was really surprised... and to tell you the truth... scared to get the color ORANGE!
I used my nesties and stacked them three high with pop dots but the picture doesn't show this to well...  I stamped the peach and saying in a darker orange so it would show up.  I cute a flower out of Crinoline with the Tim Holtz flower die from Sizzix's, hand died the seam binding and fabric with SU ink.  The borders are EK Sucess and the top one is Spellbinders.  I added a handmade stick pin just for a little more bling.  It's a pretty simple card and I hope you like it!!! 
We aren't doing prizes on the hop, but there will be a spot in the forum where everyone can upload blog hop inspired projects.
Your next stop on the hop is Ana's blog.  Be sure to leave her some love.  She does such a great job on all her projects.
In case you lose your way, here is a full list of blogs on the hop.
Lora:
Susan H.
Golda 
Jane  That's ME!!
Ana
Meredith
Laura
Angelina
Ashley
Ashley will lead you to the pot of gold... treasures galore... challenges, games, fun, prizes... WOO HOO!!!!
Thanks for stopping by and come back soon,
Hugs xx

15 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a gorgeous, orange card! What a beautiful flower and that pin is pretty, too. As usual, it is a jaw dropper. All of your layers are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ABSOLUTELY Love it!!
    Orange is my least favorite color, too. However, I do like Stampin' Up's Cajun Craze and Peach Parfait.. Your flower is to die for (as Callie would say). Well done, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no!!! im scared now my blog and card is after that wonderful creation!!!! :D i bet Lora whent in and gave us our week color!! hehehehe :D great card Jane!!! LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jane! How do you do it??? You've even turned orange into a gorgeous creation!!! I didn't join in on the stick pin swap...but after seeing how many different cards they look fabulous on...I have to try them! Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply delightful card creation, Jane!

    And I just found your blog and am now a follower. So very nice to meet you. Stop by my blog sometime and say hello!

    http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree that orange is not my favorite color, but you have produced quite a spectacular card with this color. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not fond of the color orange but Jane you outdid yourself on this card....Love it
    well done

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful card...I love the stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice Jane. Clever to use a peach image!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW what a beautiful card Jane, really love your flower!!! Love the this color orange!! Once again another talented lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card I agree who knew but you Jane that orange could be so pretty :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jane you rocked the color orange! You make such fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! As usual Jane you got a color that scared you and Rocked It!! It has all the wonderful elements I've come to expect from you including punches, flowers, nesties and your famous stick pins. Thanks for the inspiration girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The flower is super gorgeous, Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Jane,I would have been afraid of orange, too! But this card is absolutely beautiful (how could anything by you be otherwise) and so vibrant. The flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all the sweet comments. I really appreciate them.