Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May is here!!!

I am so glad to get April behind me.  Now we can finally warm up.  I live in a small mining town in the mountains of Utah and we are about 2 weeks behind the valleys spring warm weather.  So I can celebrate warm days to come!!!  Here is a card I created for a challenge or two.  I am in the Spring mood so why not a Spring card???
So here is my first card for May and great weather.  I used some cute summery paper that I found in a small little scrap booking store in Salt Lake.  I tell you these are a dying breed.  They are from Gooseberry Patch (Farmhouse Kitchen) and G C D Studio's ( Picnic Table).  I combined some new stamps that I just bought from Papertrey Ink and Marks Finest Paper. I ran the border through my crimper to give it a gathered look.  I stamped the Rooster and colored and cut it out to place on the twill tape.  I added some sweet strawberries.  I love how this card turned out.  So farm and vintage themed. 
Thanks so much for stopping by...
Hugs

Challenges:
FOSTV challenge # 18 ~ Flowers or something to do with May. 
Crazy 4 Challenges # 135 ~ The great outdoors or gardening.

8 comments:

  1. Hello JANE
    Well you still make very pretty cards
    I like every thing on your cards and all so the color that you use
    Well over here the weather is not good at all very cold
    Well good luck on the challenge this is a very good one and a winner
    Have a very nice day
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card. I love strawberries. Thanks for playing along with Friends of SpeedyTV. We hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card with the red checks. They are perfect for the rooster theme. The crimped border is really cute, too.
    I'm happy to say that it has warmed up to the 90 degree mark in the sunny South.

    Glad you joined us at FOSTV again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can feel the sunshine coming from your card - can we have some please - weekend after this would be good when I don't have to work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this card!! Awesome rooster theme and great way to embellish with the strawberries. This would look great framed in a kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Love the berries and the crimped border. I just laugh though because here in Canada, that would be a July card, never mind May!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jane I do LOVE this card!! Chickens always make me smile and the checks and strawberries are just the most fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all the sweet comments. I really appreciate them.